WP-Syntax was originally written by Ryan McGeary. I took over the code maintenance 2 or 3 years ago. Basically doing just enough to keep it alive and working and merging patches submitted by others. But I think it time to start breathing life back into development. If you would like to contribute, WP-Syntax can be found on Github. Fork and start submitting your pull requests today.
Features in development:
- Default setting page to allow full customization of highlighting.
- TinyMCE button which opens a modal to override the default settings and a box to paste the code with real time syntax highlighting to insert.
- Real time syntax highlighting.
- Copy button utilizing ZeroClipboard.
- View source button in popup window without highlighting.
- Download source button.
- Include external files for highlighting.
- Expandable/collapsible code boxes.